A very nice and very old watercolour showing the ancient Tolbooth in Edinburgh’s Old Town. Built in 1591 this was the centre of Administration for the Canongate area of the city and is now a museum and a tavern. Signed by James Nimmo, this work is in good condition. Reframed in a sympathetic period frame.
Measures 26 cm wide by 37 cm deep (45 cm by 56 cm in its frame).